Our Home Inspections
In both new and older homes, the best way to ensure that you are well informed about the strengths and weaknesses of a property is to have us give you a professional home inspection. We are trained to identify problem areas both small and large that may have been overlooked by the previous owners and to identify which require immediate attention.
A home cannot fail an inspection. A professional home inspection gives you an independent, unbiased view of any problems and their solutions, so that you will have all the facts you need to make a sound, informed decision.
What To Expect
The inspection provides an invaluable learning and discovery experience during which your questions can be answered on the spot. Depending on the size and condition of the home, a thorough home inspection will take no more than four hours, usually between an hour and a half and three hours. You will gain insight into maintenance and energy conservation tailored specifically to your home. We wholeheartedly encourage you to accompany us during the inspection. In addition, all of our clients are offered free telephone consultation after the inspection.
Our thorough home inspections Include the following:
- Overall Structure
- Roof:Shingles, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim and gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible, accessible roof related items.
- Exterior:Siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, and other visible exterior related components.
- Decks and Porches:House attatchemt, support posts, joists, steps, railings, decking and other visible related components.
- Heating and Cooling Systems: Furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, air conditioner and lines, and other visible related HVAC components.
- Basements, Crawl Spaces, and Foundation: Insulation, ventilation, posts, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns.
- Electrical Systems:Service entry and clearances, service panel, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components.
- Plumbing and Fixtures: Water pressure and flow, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing system components.
- Interior:Floors and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, safety-related items, and other visible, accessible interior-related components.
- Attics:Insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible, accessible related items.
- Environmental Issues
Red Oak Home Services LLC
Let Red Oak Home Services LLC Inspect your home and give you the peace of mind that you deserve. Experienced, qualified, and focused on you. So why choose anyone else?